Pages: 6 (3967 words)
File Size: 163 KB
Table of Contents
- Women in Culture
- General View and Position in Society
- Legal Rights
- Dating, Marriage, and Family
- Interesting or Unusual Social Customs
- Women in Business
- General View
- Legal Rights
- Women in Professions
- Women as Business Owners
- Foreign Businesswomen Visiting the Country
- The Traveling Businesswoman
- Women on the Global Road
- Advice for Female Travelers
- Cultural Considerations
- Business Attire
- Women's Health Issues
- Helpful Resources
- Business Strategies for Women
- General Safety Tips
- Hotel Safety Tips
Oman Women in Culture, Business & Travel
A profile of Omani women in the fabric of society
Highlights of This Profile
Women often occupy different roles in a foreign culture. Avoid offensive assumptions and behavior by understanding the position of women in Omani society: their legal rights; access to education and health care; workforce participation; and their dating, marriage, and family life. Boost your knowledge about how things work in Oman to avoid insulting its people or their heritage.
Both men and women can make a better impression and show respect by understanding how women are viewed in Oman: whether they enjoy the same legal rights as men; how they are represented in Omani politics, law, medicine, and business; if they can date or choose their own mates and professions, and what they tend to choose. As a woman, you'll gain insight on how to blend in with dress and behavior and make appropriate travel or business plans to fit in with cultural norms.
Oman Women in Culture answers the following types of practical questions:
- How are women and girls treated in this country?
- Are there dress code restrictions for women?
- What are women's rights for voting, owning a business, and owning and inheriting property?
- What are traditional jobs for women in this country/culture?
- Who assumes childcare if the female head of the family works?
- What types of businesses do women typically own?
- From what age are women allowed to date?
- Is it considered bad if a woman has no children?
- What happens to women in case of divorce?
- Do women in Oman have access to birth control?
Whether you are relocating to Oman , studying the culture, doing business in the country, in need of an overview or more specifics, this informative report covers the bases.
Who Should Buy This Profile
This report can be of interest or provide essential knowledge for business professionals, executives, travelers, travel agents and planners, tour organizers; exchange groups; government officials, diplomats; public relations, marketing, advertising, and media specialists; trade professionals; educational institutions; students; religious organizations; missionaries; non-profit groups; non-governmental organizations (NGOs); overseas aid organizations; persons relocating to Oman; and anyone interested in learning about Omani religion and culture.
This product is available in bulk quantities and can be customized with a cover of your firm's design. Call (US)1.800.833.8586 x3 or 707.778.1124 x3 for details.